Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 13 October 2012

Maintaining Mountain Fitness (2)

So June drifted into July, and we took the camper up to Scotland for a two week holiday. I had already picked off three of the Munros I'd missed out on the Challenge, but I wanted to round up a few more of them if possible. So I planned a nice, easy fortnight drifting round the edges of the Cairngorms National Park. We stayed on the sites at Blair Atholl, Loch Morlich and Alford (couldn't get into Ballater), as well as having a couple of nights with Eddie and Heather at the Bridge of Gaur guest house.

I managed to negotiate a couple of days walking by myself, and so on 31 July I found myself heading out on a monumental circular walk from Blair, enabling me to collect Beinn Dearg and Carn a' Chlamain before returning back down Glen Tilt. It was lovely weather and I saw next to nobody (although there was an impressive herd of deer grazing the slopes of Elrig ic an Toisich).

At the summit of Beinn Dearg, however, I met another walker who took this photo for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment