Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 30 November 2014

Monadhliath Munros (4)

Once safely across the bridge, I had some much better views of the Allt a' Chaorainn as it came tumbling down its wide valley from headwaters which were just below the two Munros I was aiming at for today. There was a little path of sorts, which headed up the hillside; and I needed to go up so I followed it where I could. Before long I was ascending beside the main stream which comes down off Creag na h-Iolaire and Geal Charn, and it was clear that it was not in a crossable state. I could see the little hut at NN 687022, but no way was I going to be able to get across to it. But never mind ... I was heading up, and that was good for now.

As I headed up, I soon entered the cloud, and visibility rapidly deteriorated. I could still see which way was "up", though, so that was all good. In due course I managed to cross the stream and angle across the face of Geal Charn, and then I was on the final ascent of A' Chailleach - my first Munro of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment