Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Monadhliath Munros (11)

The bridge over the Markie Burn was there, just as Ali had promised it would be, and before long I was striding out towards the Spey Dam. There's not really all that much more to tell about this expedition. I gained the road to Laggan, and made it as far as Cluny Castle before the daylight got too poor to continue. I tried to hitch a lift, but nobody was interested (how ironic is that? When I walked this road on the Challenge, I was positively beating off uninvited offers of lifts!!) so I rang Ali for a lift back to Newtonmore. I was invited to join the family for dinner that evening; so I bought a bottle of champagne to celebrate 50 Munros and we had a very pleasant time of it. Then, the next morning, it was back South to England. Until the next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment