Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 3 March 2014

Some Unfinished Business (11)

After Sgurr Thuilm came the long descent of Drum Coire a' Bheithe, and again the views were amazing despite the indifferent weather.

And then ... it was all over! I was back in the valley floor, and I made my way back to Corryhully Bothy where I rested a while and had supper. Then I packed my things and made my way to Glenfinnan station, where I bedded down for the night in the platform shelter. I had to be on the early train the following morning ...

So that was it ... my last visit to Scotland of 2013. Sgurr nan Coireachan and Sgurr Thuilm finally conquered, and the mysteries of South Morar laid bare, even if not solved. It had been a worthwhile use of three days of annual leave, and I was contented.

And yet ... as autumn came on, I once more felt the siren call of the Scottish hills ...

No comments:

Post a Comment