Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 May 2016

Easter in Snowdonia (1)

Well, with such a massive route planned for the 2016 Challenge, I thought I'd better get some good hill training walks in. But winter refused to go away, and conditions were not looking right, until Easter was nearly with us. So I planned an Easter expedition to Snowdonia.

The plan was that I should take a train to Bangor on Good Friday, and a bus to Llanberis. I booked a bed at Llanberis Youth Hostel for Good Friday, and another for Easter Sunday. My plan was to walk the Glyderau on the Saturday, then drop down to a wild camp by Llyn Cwmyfynnon, behind Pen-y-Pass. On Easter Sunday I would then go over Y Liweth to the summit of Yr Wyddfa, down the Snowdon Ranger Path, over Foel Goch, Foel Gron and Moel Eilio, and back into Llanberis. A bus to Bangor and a train from Bangor would then see me home on Easter Monday.

That was the plan, in any event. But Easter came, and the weather forecast was not good. I travelled out to Snowdonia regardless, intending to do some lower level stuff if the weather didn't let me go high. The weather certainly didn't look all that great as I arrived at the Youth Hostel (pictured).

No comments:

Post a Comment