Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 May 2016

Easter in Snowdonia (4)

My companions also took a photo of me at the summit, and then we parted. They were turning back, but I wished to press on. I soon thought better of that, however. Visibility was practically nil, the wind was strengthening, and the rain was getting heavier. The conditions were not great ... and camping, even on an organized site, was likely to be troublesome. I gave it a moment or two's thought, and then decided to turn back myself. This was not the weekend to be walking in Snowdonia. It had been cheaper for some reason to buy an Off-Peak open ticket than an Advance ticket, so I could return home on any train I chose. And that is what I decided I should do. It was, after all, a Saturday, and the train service today would be considerably better than the train service on Easter Sunday or bank holiday Monday. I had, at least, climbed a mountain ...

No comments:

Post a Comment