Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 8 May 2016

Easter in Snowdonia (5)

The descent from Moel Eilio was a nightmare. With the wind behind me now, I was several times blown into a run, which was really quite frightening. The grass was wet, and I was seriously concerned about the risk of losing my footing. Eventually, though, I reached the comparative safety of the lower levels and the made-up tracks. Afon Goch, when I reached it, was an absolute raging torrent (pictured) where only two hours previously it had been a placid mountain stream. I reached the Youth Hostel at noon, and told them I should not be needing my bed on Sunday. Then I headed into Llanberis, caught a bus to Bangor, changed into some dry clothes and returned home by train. So ended the damp squib of my Easter in Snowdonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment