Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 19 March 2016

The last three Munros of 2015 (29)

Soon enough, I came upon Culra bothy on the far side of the Allt a' Chaoil reidhe. On my first Challenge in 2000 I had stopped for a bite of lunch there, on my way from Loch Ossian to Dalwhinnie (no mountains that time - just straight through the passes). Couldn't do that now, though, as the bothy is closed due to asbestos, and nobody is quite sure what it's future will be. Which is sad, because it's a very useful bothy in a beautiful location. I took a photograph and wished it well, and continued on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment