Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 1 January 2010

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my Blog, "Two Routes Across Scotland", which is a chronicle of my foot crossings of Scotland on the Great Outdoors Challenge (or TGO Challenge - or once upon a time the Ultimate Challenge), an annual event which pits the ingenuity of mankind against the intransigence of the British landscape and weather (particularly the weather ...)

It will record the highs and lows (but principally the highs, because, let's face it, most of us would sooner forget the lows) of all of my crossings - of which there have been four at the time of writing, and a fifth is in the course of planning. The first four will have to be written up from memory, and will be devoid of pictures because I did not have a suitable camera to carry with me on the Challenge. The fifth and subsequent Challenges will be written up much more in real time, and will hopefully be liberally illustrated with wonderful photographs, as I now have a really cute little digital camera to play with.

So why, you will be asking, if I have already completed four crossings, is this blog called "Two Routes Across Scotland"?

Well, that's the fault of Roger Smith, who named me "Two Routes" in 2000, for reasons which will become clear if you can face reading on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment