Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 25 April 2014

Easter in Drumochter (6)

My companions were in a hurry, as they had to get back to their car. I was planning on a wild camp in the mountains, so I had all the time in the world. I thought it was lunchtime, whereas they didn't. So we went our separate ways.

After enjoying a leisurely lunch, I started my ascent of A' Mharconaich. This was complicated by a fairly extensive, if not particularly aggressive snow field. I had invested in some emergency snow spikes, and I thought it would be an idea to put them on to cross this snow field. They probably weren't actually necessary ... but I felt a lot better for having them. Once I was across this snow field, however, the top was clear of snow all the way to the summit.

No comments:

Post a Comment