Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Friday 26 September 2014

A Munro for Mrs B (3)

OK, so it's a summit trig point, not a Cairn ... but Mrs B was happy to have reached it. We had originally been intending to continue to Creag Leacach, but a number of considerations were telling against this. First, Mrs B's mountain fitness falls somewhat short of mine, and this was supposed to be a pleasant walk to settle her in to the holiday NOT a major, strenuous effort. Secondly, it looked as though there was some rain happening in and around the Spittal, and some more back in the direction of Glas Tulaichean which might be coming our way. We didn't want to be rained upon if we could avoid it. And thirdly, the sole of my right boot was starting to come away. All things considered, we thought it best to turn back for the van ... which we did. Then we motored down to Braemar, and bought me some new trail shoes in Braemar Mountain Sports. Creag Leacach can wait. I'll be coming this way again on the 2015 Challenge, and if it's a nice day I might just leave my pack at the summit of Glas Maol and do a light out-and-back to claim that one. We'll see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment