Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 September 2014

Cairngorms Expedition (23)

There are also good and plentiful cairns to mark the way ... and after this one, I had mobile phone reception once more (which I had not had since Sgor an Lochain Uaine). I sent a text to Mrs B, to say that I may be a little later than I had thought; and she texted back to say that she was coming up to meet me with cake. Bless her! Further exchanges followed. She'd found a nice spot to sit and wait ... but when we compared locations (she didn't have a map ... she'd just been following the Lairig Ghru path up ... but she has a GPS app on her phone so she could tell me where she was even if she couldn't relate it to the map for herself) it became apparent that we were still nearly 6 kilometres apart. That would be a long wait for her (I explained about the nature of the ground underfoot) so she decided to continue on up.

No comments:

Post a Comment