Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 September 2014

Cairngorms Expedition (14)

As I set off for Cairn Toul, the blue water of Lochan Uaine came into view below and to the left. The clouds quickly cleared, and I did not find myself shrouded in mist. At the bottom of the slope between the two peaks, however, I did (somewhat to my surprise) meet another walker who had camped last night "somewhere in the Lairig Ghru" and had already been over Cairn Toul. She was aiming on doing Sgor an Lochain Uaine and Braeriach, and getting back to Rothiemurchus "by mid afternoon". That seemed a tall order to me; but looking at the speed with which she ascended after our parting, I suspect she made it with little trouble - provided her water supply held out, that is, as like me she was nursing a precious and dwindling supply. Then again, after Carn na Criche she would be able to refill at Wells of Dee, so I doubt she had any real problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment