Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 September 2014

Cairngorms Expedition (11)

I ascended the South West ridge of Sgor an Lochain Uaine, which is a long, steady progression up rocky ground. Take it steady and there is no problem. Towards the top a Munroists' path becomes evident, with a spur off towards Carn na Criche for those whose target is Braeriach. I took it slowly and steadily, taking care of my water supply. Towards the top I realized that if I was using my orthotics, I needed to lose the footbeds, so I paused on a rock and made necessary footwear adjustments, before pressing on upwards. The weather was crisp and clear, the air absolutely still - a near perfect day for going high (I would have preferred just a little air movement ... but certainly not much given that I was heading up to a string of tops perched above ferocious-looking cliffs on their North faces showing on the map).

No comments:

Post a Comment