Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 September 2014

Cairngorms Expedition (20)

The Lairig Ghru path rises steadily upwards towards the bealach, and all around on either side are the lofty peaks of Carn a' Mhaim, Ben Macdui (once thought to be the tallest of Scotland's mountains), The Devil's Point (deliberately mistranslated from Gaelic to spare Queen Victoria's blushes), Cairn Toul, Sgor an Lochain Uaine, Braeriach and Sron na Lairige, as well as stunning glacial features - corries and hanging valleys. It is a special place, and I began to look forward to passing this way again, but in the opposite direction, as part of my 2015 Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment