Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 27 September 2014

Cairngorms Expedition (24)

We eventnually met up a little to the North of the junction with the Braeriach path, and we sat to eat our cake. Then we walked back together, down through the Rothiemurchus forest and back to the camp site. Once the worst of the path was over, I switched to sandals to ease the worst of the rubbing on my feet.

For those uncharitable types who might be tempted to ask why Mrs B didn't accompany me for the entire expedition, I would point out that after she broke her ankle in 2006 the doctors said she would never walk without a stick again. It was a bad break. That she was able to walk from Coylumbridge well up into the Lairig Ghru, to a point less than 5km from Pools of Dee, and back in an afternoon is a very creditable achievement. Besides, if she'd come with me for the whole expedition, I wouldn't have got my cake, would I????

No comments:

Post a Comment