Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Tuesday 29 May 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 1: Lochailort to Oban (3)

Alternatively, turning back Westwards, I could still just see Loch Ailort in the distance. Not for long, however, as I climbed steadily onwards. The path became less and less apparent, and there was no obvious sign of the path junction shown on the map at NM 795842. Eventually I found myself at the bealach, simply aiming for the obvious gap on the skyline. As it was a beautiful clear day with unlimited visibility, I had not resorted to any micro-navigtation techniques, however. This was a day for macro-navigation. Head up, look around, and follow the lie of the land!

No comments:

Post a Comment