Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 28 May 2012

March Munros (2)

On Sunday morning I took the van to Inverey and followed the path up Allt Cristie Beag before turning South over hills 798 and 801 to Geal Charn. It's all peat up there ... but in March it was frozen peat, and I made great progress.

The picture shows the summit shelter of Geal Charn, where I took a short breather and a bit of lunch before continuing to Carn Bhac, then on to Carn Creagach. The weather started to deteriorate and I feared being caught on the tops in an electrical storm, so I angled down across the north face of Creag an Lochain to join the Glen Ey path shortly before the bridge over the Allt an t-Sionnaich, then returned to the van.

No comments:

Post a Comment