Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 30 May 2012

The 2012 Challenge, Day 3: Oban to Loch Arkaig (7)

It wasn't an easy traverse, high up on that steep hillside, and it took all the "security on steep ground" skills I had learned for my ML. Even then, there were times when I felt decidedly exposed - and I sure was glad I hadn't managed to make it through to here in Sunday's storm, and that I wasn't trying to make my way across this high, steep, exposed hillside in howling winds and pelting rain! But my traverse line was a good one, and I reached the West end of the lochan without incident. The descent was easy enough, if steep and therefore slow; and it was 3pm by the time I was back down in the valley floor. Exactly an hour to get from the West end of the lochan to the East end ... and it's only a kilometre! However, it was a beautiful place and a wonderful experience; and if you were to ask me now to point to a single hour which was the highlight of my crossing then I would have to say it was the hour I spent high up on the hill above Lochan Leum an t-Sagairt (just don't ask me to try pronouncing it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment