Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 28 May 2012

March Munros (1)

So, come March, off I went to do a couple of Munros in preparation for the 2012 Challenge. I took a long weekend (Monday - Friday) so I could have two days of clear walking time, and I drove the trusty old camper van north.

On Saturday I parked up at Spittal of Glenshee and hoofed it along the Glen Lochsie path and up Glas Tulaichean, to make up for having had to omit it on the 2010 Challenge. I met a nice couple up there who took this picture of me at the summit cairn, and then dropped down to Loch nan Eun and back to the Spittal by way of Gleann Taitneach. Then I drove over the Devil's Elbow (or what's left of it) into Braemar, figured out where Richard Baker's B&B is and said hello, then went for supper in the Fife Arms.

As it happens, Richard and Marilyn were involved in organising a show in the village hall on the history of Scottish dancing that very evening ... so I got talked into going to see it, and a very enjoyable evening it was (even if I did get sold a whole load of dud raffle tickets!!!)

Then I drove down to Linn of Dee and parked up for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment