Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 27 September 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 1: Dornie to Loch Mhoicean (1)

After a very nice breakfast of kippers, I paid my bill and was away from the hotel shortly after 9. Most of the Thursday Dornie starters left at much the same time as me, although one eager couple had been away by 8.30. The rest of us took a few photographs of one another, as one does (and, obviously, although this one was taken on my camera, I did not take it), and then we headed North up Loch Long. It was a glorious day, really it was. The sky was clear and the sun shone down, and we all hoped that this weather would continue for the entire crossing. If only it would do that, I thought, then this would surely rate as the finest Challenge of all time. And what a thing to be able to say of my 10th crossing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment