Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 30 September 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 2: along Loch Mullardoch (3)

Once I had the path it was easy enough to follow, and I was soon at the path junction where I turned left (although not before a slithery fall on the wet grass resulted in my bent pole becoming even more bent: it was going to need to be retired soon, I realized, and quite possibly straight after this Challenge).

The path from the junction to Loch Mullardoch was easy to follow and good going, and the loch soon came into view. According to the map, there is no path between the Allt Coire Lungard and Am Mam; but in reality there is a path of sorts pretty much the whole way, and it was only occasionally that I lost its line. Even then, I soon found it again. I had heard all sorts of horror stories about the North Shore of Mullardoch, but really it seemed to be fine to me. Perhaps, I mused, it was because most people reserve it as an FWA, and only find themselves walking this way if the weather is against them. I tried to imagine driving rain and a strong headwind, the ground getting soft and boggy underfoot, the streams getting full of water ... and I concluded that yes, in those conditions it might not be such an enjoyable stretch of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment