Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 27 September 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 1: Dornie to Loch Mhoicean (7)

We passed Faddoch on the far side of the river, and then we came to a wood. And at the edge of the wood was a fence ... and a gate. And the gate was too tight to get through with our packs on our backs. So I said "Ah, sod it!" and I climbed over the gate. And Greg watched me climbing over the gate, and he thought that looked a bit energetice for him, so he said "I'm not going to do that. I'm just going to pass my pack over this bit at the side, where the fence is down, and then I'll step over the fence in the same place."

And I looked at the fence, and I looked at Greg, and I looked back at the fence again. And I thought "Now why didn't I notice that???"

And then I thought ... and why hasn't Greg thought this through properly, either??

And then I said "Um ... if you're just going to step over the fence where it's down, why are you going to bother taking your pack off at all?"

And then we both laughed our socks off, and continued on our way ...

No comments:

Post a Comment