Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 28 September 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 1: Dornie to Loch Mhoicean (13)

The ascent was a steep one, and I took it slowly and steadily with plenty of stops; but even so, it was clear that I was much quicker in ascent than Greg was. I stayed with him, but at about 500 metres he told me to go on ahead at my own pace. Normally I would have been very reluctant to do this, but it was quite clear to me that Greg had the experience to look after himself in the mountains. He knew what he was doing and he knew how to call it; and he could make his own decisions about whether - and when - to push for the summit or turn and descend. So I agreed, and I cracked on without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment