Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 27 September 2015

The 2015 Challenge: Getting to the Start (4)

I shared the journey with two other Challengers: Ken Macleod, who was travelling all the way to Kyle and then on to Sheil Bridge by bus (as I had done the year I started at Sheil Bridge) and Kirsten Paterson, who was travelling only as far as Plockton. (Really ... I can't help thinking that if you're going to start at Plockton, you should travel all the way to Kyle and then ride back to your start point ... but maybe that's just me and my love of trains!) The two of them were splendid company, and the journey seemed to pass in a flash. Which is a shame, in many ways, because the Kyle line is one of the great railway journeys of the world, and you really want to it take its time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment