Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 28 September 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 1: Dornie to Loch Mhoicean (15)

The east ridge descent took me between some pretty impressive snowfields with awesome looking cornices; but the ridge itself was clear of snow and the descent quite straightforward. As I descended, I studied the hillside on the far side of Loch Mhoicean. Whether I went high for the sake of a solitary Munro, or simply opted for my Fowl Weather Alternative route along the north shore of Loch Mullardoch, I was going to have to start by angling up that hillside from the North East end of the loch to the head of Coire na Breabaig. And what I saw didn't look too friendly, I have to say. A peaty-looking hillside with lots of deep cuts into it where the water runs off the slopes above did not look ideal by any means. It was going to be a difficult little ascent, I thought. But then, it was only a kilometer or so, and a hundred metres of height gain. It might be unpleasant at the time, but it would soon be behind me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment