Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 30 May 2011

The 2011 Challenge, Day 1: Acharacle to Scamodale (2)

During last year's Challenge, the flowers which seemed to greet me at every turn were primroses. In the Salen Oakwoods, however, it was bluebells. The woods seemed to be carpeted with them.

As I returned to the road to continue my walk, it began to rain. Lightly at first, but then heavier and heavier until I was forced to admit defeat and put my waterproofs on.

I did not know it then, but this was to be just the first of many times I wore full waterproofs during the crossing ... and indeed, it was only on the final day of my Challenge that I did not have to wear my waterproofs at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment