Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 29 May 2011

The 2011 Challenge, Prologue: getting to the start (3)

As we crossed the Glenfinnan viaduct at the end of my journey, there was just time to capture a couple of photographs of the head of Loch Shiel and its surrounding mountains through the rain-dashed window of the train.

I was concerned by the level of the cloud base. I wanted to climb Beinn Resipole on the first day of my crossing ... but the cloud base would need to lift considerably to make that a viable propositiion. If it did not, then I should be on my Foul Weather Alternative ... which involved some 34km of walking, nearly all of it on roads!

I really did not want my Challenge to start with a day like that, so I hoped against hope that by Friday the cloud base would be a little higher, and that I should be able to contemplate tackling the Corbett ...

No comments:

Post a Comment