Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 30 May 2011

The 2011 Challenge, Day 1: Acharacle to Scamodale (7)

After lunch we continued at our own paces, and it wasn't long before Caburn was disappearing off into the distance.



The summit still seemed a long way off, but we all knew that with steady effort we would reach it. Or at least, that's what I thought. When we reached the bealach, however, it became clear that Andy Howell and co weren't coming to join us at the summit - they were going to descend by way of Coire na Creiche. I wasn't quite sure where they were going to go after that, however, as I had concluded from the map that there was no way down off the North flank of the Beinn. Perhaps they knew of another way through the woods that was not shown on the map. Who knows?


In any event, I wished them well for their crossing, and then we parted. Caburn had left his pack at the bealach so he, too, was obviously intending to come back this way. I, however, was intending to continue along the ridge and descend by way of the Leac Chlann Domhnuill Mhic Dhugaill and Meall an t-Slugain, so I took my pack up with me to the summit.

No comments:

Post a Comment