Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 30 May 2011

The 2011 Challenge, Day 1: Acharacle to Scamodale (9)

Well, it has to be said that the views off Beinn Resipole were pretty special, even with the cloud right down.

The route off the Beinn was pretty special, too. There was a good ridge path, and then a steady descent. After a while Caburn came steaming up behind me. He hadn't liked the descent from the bealach all that much, so he contoiured round to join me and then shot off into the distance ahead of me. Impressive though that man is in ascent, he is just awesome in descent!

I made my way down at a more steady pace, and soon found the old coffin road from Scotstown to the old lead mine. The path down through the woods is well defined. It was a bit wet and boggy higher up, but as I reached the lower reaches it was well made and I was able to make good progress down to the road. Having reached the road I took a short break, and changed into my Teva walking sandals. Meanwhile, it began to rain again and I was back into my full waterproofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment