Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 2 May 2011

So close I can almost smell it ...

... Well, it's been one heck of a month, and I'm glad to be waving goodbye to April.

Just five more working days, and one weekend, and then I'll be on the train heading North, ready for the start of this year's Challenge.

Acharacle this year. I'll take the train to Glenfinnan, then a boat trip along Loch Shiel. I'll walk out to the coast and camp by the sea, then walk back inland to Acharacle and the "start point" hotel, before starting my Challenge proper.

It's a good looking route. It's going to be fun.

I've loaded the pack - just under 16 kilos. Not bad. There's be a little more weight when I put in the "real" food load; but then again, it's currently got my old synthetic sleeping bag, and there'll be some weight to come off when I switch to the down bag (whcih I don't intend to compress until the very last minute).

Looking good, Jeremy ... looking good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment