Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 29 May 2011

The 2011 Challenge, Prologue: getting to the start (2)

Having arrived in Glasgow, I had to walk from Central to Queen Street station. A short walk, and reasonably pleasant ... noting as I went that student humour does not appear to change from one generation to the next, and that traffic cones continue to find many unofficial uses.

I bought some things for lunch, and caught the afternoon train to Mallaig (although I was only going to ride it as far as Glenfinnan).

Along the way, we passed a steam-hauled service headed by The Grand Marquess and a Black 5. Had I known we were expecting to see it, then I should have been out on the platform with my camera to capture an image; but alas I was unaware until it was too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment