Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 30 May 2011

The 2011 Challenge, Day 1: Acharacle to Scamodale (4)

In due course the road brought me to Resipole, and I could see Beinn Resipole in the distance. To my great relief, the top was clear of clouds and I knew that I should be going up and over, rather than trudging round on the roads.


The path begins as a good track up beside a stream, and after a while there is a mysterious hut which I investigated for future reference to see whether it might, if necessary, serve as an emergency bothy. It was all but filled by a large water tank of some sort, and I concluded that it was not really available as an ad hoc shelter.


It was at this hut that I met another challenger, Caburn, who had stopped for a brew; and as we were both heading up to the top of Beinn Resipole, we walked together for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment