Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 25 June 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 5: Laggan to Melgarve (9)


Eventually Melgarve bothy came into sight. The rain was falling steadily and quite a wind was getting up, and we were glad to have shelter. We also had it entirely to ourselves!

I claimed the small downstairs room at the back, called "General Wade's Office", for my overnight accommodation and set about getting a fire going, while the Italians and Nicole looked at the upstairs accommodation and decided who would sleep where.

We all had plenty of wet clothes to hang in front of the fire, and we put our shoes and boots to dry as well, and then it was time for supper. After supper, nicole decided that she would indeed stay the night in the bothy; and I think that was a very wise decision. The storm was getting up outside, and I am not at all sure it would have been fun camping out that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment