Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 26 June 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 8: Kingussie to Cairngorm Lodge (5)


At the end of the track I turned right onto the back road from Insh House, and then left to Ballintean where I encountered this wonderful example of the wood-carver's art. Then I followed the path beside the River Feshie to Feshiebridge. The Feshie seemed remarkably low. It had been very dry in April, of course, but it must have had plenty of rain feeding its tributaries over the past few days so I was surprised to see it with so little water in it. There were several places where the wide, pebbly bed was almost dry save for a couple of small channels, and I imagined that if it had been necessary to make a river crossing this would not have presented any great difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment