Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Wednesday 29 June 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 8: Kingussie to Cairngorm Lodge (8)

Leaving Feshiebridge behind, I followed familiar tracks over Moor of Feshie (for I had come this way before, in 2009) and took a short break at Drake's Bothy. I read the bothy book, and looked up my entry from 2009. The entry two before it had been written by Nan Lyle, who was having a wonderful crossing that year; and I was delighted to read her words, so fresh and immediate. It was all the more distressing, therefore, to see that the rest of the book had been desecrated (I don't think that is too strong a word for it) by immature DofE groups who had scrawled entries across entire pages, written on any page they pleased rather than using the first blank lines in the conventional manner, and written a variety of lewd and obscene comments, as well as treating us to the occasional (not particularly biologically accurate) drawing of the human phallus. So I made a written note of the e-mail address to which any reports of problems at the bothy ought to be reported, and made a mental note to send a report when next connected to the internet ... which I have now done.

From Drake's Bothy I walked on past Loch an Eilein (pictured ... some time I am going to have to go and have a look at that visitor centre) and headed for the Cairngorm Club footbridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment