Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 26 June 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 8: Kingussie to Cairngorm Lodge (2)


Leaving Ruthven Barracks behind, I passed Torcroy farm. The road surface was wet, and the sun glinted off it giving it the appearance of a river. Ahead of me the Cairngorms were blanketed with snow, and I took this picture.

I had mobile reception, so I sent a text to Challenge Control with a weather report, advising that there had been an overnight snowfall in both the Monadhliath and Cairngorm mountains, and that the snow was lying to a surprisingly low altitude. Not long after I received a text back from Roger, thanking me for the report and saying that it was useful to know these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment