Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 3 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 10: Tomintoul to Suie (1)


I headed out of Tomintoul on the road through the woods, intending to follow the path North to Carn Daimh. I could have taken the back road past the Old Kennels and picked up the Speyside Way, which would have been well way-marked. But it was a little further. And the path would duly connect with the Speyside Way at NJ 176205, so what was the problem?

Well ... the problem was, I never did see the southern end of that wretched path, and so continued on the road all the way through the woods ... and on to Tomnavoulin!

I had company for some of the way, in the form of the couple whom I had been following but not catching the day before. At Knockandhu, however, they turned right for the Braes of Glenlivet, intending to take the path up and over the Ladder Hills and down to Donside.

This road is not unpleasant walking - as the photo taken a little way south of Roadside of Croftban shows - but I think I would rather have been going over Carn Daimh and descending the Allt a Choire into Tomnavoulin!

No comments:

Post a Comment