Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Tuesday 5 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 13: Alford to Inverurie (6)

I walked past Broadsea, Burnside Croft and Mellanbrae. Looking back, I was able to take this photo of the brooding mass of Mither Tap, the Easternmost top of the Bennachie massif.

I had chosen to come this way rather than taking the river road through Burnhervie, despite the fact that it meant crossing the A96 at a busy roundabout rather than going over it on a bridge, because I'd noted the stone circle shown on the map at NJ 732208. I had also noticed that there was a car park which served no obvious purpose unless it was a visitor car park for the stone circle. And it dawned on me that any stone circle which has been given its own car park is likely to be a significant visitor attraction. I therefore reasoned that this must be quite an impressive stone circle - worthy of a slight diversion from my route and crossing the busy A96 at a roundabout in order to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment