Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 3 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 9: Cairngorm Lodge to Tomintoul (9)

One of the very great advantages of forking left at Fae was that I reached the road before, rather than after, the Bridge of Brown tearoom. I reached the tearoom at about 5, and it was a welcome sight indeed! It was open, so in I went.

I enjoyed one of the most wonderful bowls of vegetable soup I can ever remember eating, and a bag of crisps, and a couple of cans of Irn Bru. They refilled my water bottles for me while I used the tearoom toilets. And then I set off again.

I crossed the Bridge of Brown and then began the stiff ascent on the other side. At NJ 133209 there is a path round the back of the woods, taking you up and over a little hillock which the road chooses to go around (well, it doesn't choose, exactly: it goes where the builders put it. But you know what I mean!) I took the track, to minimise road walking, and also because it was a little shorter. It proved to be a very pleasant little kilometre or so of walking, even in the steady rain which was now falling. I then rejoined the road and followed it down to Bridge of Avon.

No comments:

Post a Comment