Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Tuesday 5 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 14: Inverurie to Balmedie (5)

I followed the B979 out of Newmachar, and over the Formatine and Buchan Way (pictured, looking down from the road bridge). This trail follows the track bed of an old Great North of Scotland branch from Dyce, and I have long sought to find a way to incorporate a section of it into a Challenge route, However, it essentially runs North-South, about three hours' walking from the East coast, and I have yet to find a sensible way to make use of it.

My route then continued over Hareton Moss to Causeyend, then past Greenden and Drumhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment