Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 3 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 9: Cairngorm Lodge to Tomintoul (7)

No matter that I never managed to catch up: the path along the valley of the Allt Iomadaidh is very pleasant walking. The rain held off, and I noted that there are no end of fine looking sheltered wild camp pitches down in the valley floor. Well worth bearing in mind, any time I'm coming this way and lack the puff to press on to Tomintoul.

I sat a while beside the Allt Catanach, refilled my water bottle and just enjoyed the sense of being there, along in a beautiful place such as this. There were primroses beside the burn, and I took a couple of photographs - but they aren't very good because that sort of photography isn't really my thing.

As I sat there a gentle rain began to fall, and slowly intensified; so I decided to put my waterproofs back on, and press on past Bauminch.

No comments:

Post a Comment