Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Tuesday 5 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 14: Inverurie to Balmedie (3)

Beyond Ingliston I intended to follow the path past Ordiefauld and Selbie, and then turn right onto the road past Newmill and left onto the B993. However, this "path" appeared to be no more than the very narrow headland of a ploughed field; and when I got to the far corner I encountered a barbed wire fence with no way through, and no obvious continuation if I managed to cross it.

So I turned back, and took the farm track South from Ingliston instead, and then the track South East through the woods. This is a charming track (pictured), and got me to the B993 a little under 2km WSW of my intended junction with that road.

No comments:

Post a Comment