Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Monday 4 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 12: Lumsden to Alford (3)

I was amused by a sign on a farmer's gate to the right of the road, warning "Danger! Keep out". What danger, I wondered? It was only a field full of cattle, and none of them looked entire. However, as I walked along the road beside their field, I discovered that it was a herd of very inquisitive cattle. They came rushing over to see what I was about, and were it not for the stone wall keeping us apart, I am sure they would have mobbed me. And I am equally sure that being mobbed by the best part of fifty tonnes of prime beef on the hoof could indeed be said to constitute a danger. So I decided to allow the farmer his sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment