Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Sunday 3 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 9: Cairngorm Lodge to Tomintoul (8)

Beyond the Allt Catanach, the path becomes less distinct. The ground it is crossing is enclosed rough pasture, and the sheep tracks have a tendency to mislead. I strayed from the "true" path and ended up having to cross a couple of boggy bits to reach the gates through the field boundaries. Eventually, however, I got myself back on track and for the final stretch to the road the track is a broad, flat grassy swathe (pictured).

At the road, I climbed over the gate and turned right. The road zig-zags here as it drops steeply down to Bridge of Brown, and one needs to be constantly aware of any oncoming traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment