Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Tuesday 5 July 2011

The 2011 Challenge, day 13: Alford to Inverurie (4)

This path, a little to the South of the Bennachie (pronounced "Bennahee") is a wonderful bit of walking. The landscape is breathtaking, and the feeling of being on top of the world does not depend upon being 914 metres or higher, or anything like it. The cloud base was well clear of the tops, and all was right with the world.

I walked with joy in my heart, enjoying my last day in the hills, not to mention the fact that today I'd actually managed to find them! I stopped and ate my lunch beside the trail, and then pressed on as the day's rain began to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment