Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 3 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 3: Mullardoch to Tomich (2)

After crossing the Allt Mullardoch, the going was fair (if wet) all the way to the dam. We took a break at Benula Lodge, where George (or Martin) took a picture of me in my weather gear, and when we started on the road they suggested that I press on as I was clearly faster than them on the tarmac.

The cloud was low, and this meant I was not going to be going high today. My intended route had been to head South, and then back West a bit to pick up Toll Creagach before dropping down into Glen Affric and out to Tomich. My FWA was just to follow the road to Cannich. This was unfortunate, because having missed all four of yesterday's Munros, I now needed every single mountain on my card to make it a High Level crossing. Without Toll Creagach, I was going to be one mountain short. So as I walked that road, I really began to rue the decision not to take the one Munro I thought would be viable on my second day!

No comments:

Post a Comment