Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 3 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 3: Mullardoch to Tomich (9)

Shortly after entering Tomich, I encountered this sign ... and I promptly laughed my socks off. What's so funny Iabout this sign, you may ask. Well, nothing really if you take it by itself, I suppose. But you have to take these things in context. And the context was that I had just walked the 5 kilomtres from Cannich, and there had been no footway anywhere in that entire distance.

And then, at the end of the 300 metres with no footway, I had to laugh even more. Because what do you suppose you find after 300 metres without a footway? A footway, perhaps?? Well, you might suppose that ... but no. After 300 metres without a footway, you come to ANOTHER sign, saying "No Footway For 350 Metres". Hmmmmmm ... perhaps they had a sign writer who was good at painting 3s and 5s, but struggled with 6s ...

No comments:

Post a Comment