Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 5: Drumnadrochit to Dalbeg (18)

The upper reaches of the Allt Odhar are pathless; but before long there was a track, and I was able to make good progress down to Dalbeg.

I reached Dalbeg by 6.30. Alas, it was a locked cottage, not a bothy. There was already a tent pitched in the lee of the cottage, occupied by another Challenger, Dave Williams. He kindly shared his Tobermory with me - a welcome dram at the end of a hard day.

It was raining, and I didn't fancy pitching my tent in the rain. So I sat in the lee of Dalbeg cottage for a while, waiting to see if the rain would abate. It showed no sign of doing so, however, and eventually I decided that I must pitch in the rain or sit out in the rain all night. When you put it like that, there's no real contest, is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment