Woohoo! I've discovered how to add a few little tick boxes at the bottom of each post, to enable readers to record their reactions. Do please use them. I think I've identified the four most likely responses ...

Saturday 31 October 2015

The 2015 Challenge, day 5: Drumnadrochit to Dalbeg (14)

I left the Diamond Jubilee Hut as I had found it at about 4. The final ascent of the Corbett was no complicated by snow fields obscuring the track. I wanted to avoid them as much as I could, and so much squelching through peat ensued. It was bitterly cold, and the higher I went, the stronger the wind became. Soon it was blowing too strong for my Havelock, so I took it off and changed into a fleece hat instead. It was still raining, but not too heavily, and I figured that the fleece wouldn't become sodden and lose its thermal efficiency before I was down out of the wind again and could change back into my Havelock.

No comments:

Post a Comment